Sunday 19 September 2010

ibis



ibis, originally uploaded by Donna Nicholson-Arnott.

I love the ibis shaped egyptian ibis casket in the Burrell Collection. It has such balance and poise.
I've drawn it a few times now, but this is the first one with colour.

In fact, I don't tend towards colour much at all, and this is a bit of a deviation for me. A lot of the time I can 'see' the colours in a drawing without having to manually add them. If that makes any sense. However, this one really needed a gold body to work, and once I'd painted that in, the bronze head, tail, and legs just screamed out for some variants of Marine Blue. I drew other stuff at the Burrell Collection that day, but I like this one best, it just pops.

One continuous 0.35 rotring line. FW inks to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment